You Are Part Of An Incredible Story
For 100 years people like us have stood at these crossroads with the same trembling in our hearts. We know now what they knew then, we’re being called to step out in faith.
Capital celebrated its 100-year anniversary in 2016. As we look back and rejoice at all that has been accomplished, we are compelled to look ahead and dream about what is yet to come.
A few people started on their knees in a prayer meeting. From that day forward, it is virtually impossible to calculate how many souls have been reached with the message of God’s love in our community and around the world. It all began in 1916 in the home of Mrs. William Hatfield, the wife of a Sacramento attorney.
Capital Building History Timeline
- 1916 moved from the Hatfield home to a storefront in Oak Park.
- 1917 rented the Pythian Castle at 9th and I Streets.
- 1922 built a building at 21st and K Streets.
- 1940 moved to a new building at 21st and W Streets.
- 1964 moved to a new building at Howe Ave. and Fair Oaks Blvd.
- 1984 moved to new facilities at present location.
100-Year History Document
Download a copy of the 100-year history piece PDF.
Thinking Big Has Always Been In Our DNA
Accomplishments from our first 100 years include:
- More than $40 million was given to world missions. There are now over 67 million followers of Jesus in the world who identify with Him through 38 Assemblies of God missions. Our contribution has helped make this eternal result possible. The total number reached in our first 100 years exceeds 100 million souls.
- More than 100,000 residents of the Sacramento region have been reached.
- Fifty-eight seasons of the Singing Christmas Tree outreach has been gifted to our community with 750,000 in attendance.
- Capital Christian School grew from a handful of students in 1977 to 1,119 in our current 2015-2016 school year. More than 3,000 students have graduated in our 38-year history.
- Provided financial resources and people in assisting church plants in our community. These included Harvest Church in Elk Grove, Horizon Christian Center in Laguna, Destiny Christian Church in Rocklin, Grace Community Church in Elk Grove, and Project Church in downtown Sacramento. These churches combined now average more than 6,000 in attendance each week.
You Are Invited To Play A Part In The Story God Is Continuing to Write at Capital